Sunday, May 31, 2020

Sunday - Day 76 - Mixed Day

I slept okay but had a hard time waking up.  Still couldn't get back to sleep, though I tried.

I spent part of the morning cooking - we need to eat this food.  I let one tomato wait too long and it actually had a sprout coming out of it!

I took a run to the hardware store to pick up something I'd ordered online.  Then stopped by the nursery for a couple of lemon balm plants.  I received my first "senior discount."  I totally forgot to stop by Jessica's to pick up flour that she'd gotten for me.

I spent some time reading this afternoon to get the craziness of the world out of my head.

Lily got out again.  When I got home from the hardware store, I walked in the back door and saw Lily on the other side of the house, looking as if she was going to walk in through the open slider.  She tested the loose hanging screen for a while until I put her back into the pen.  I then sat on the front deck to watch and see where she is escaping.  She was restless, laying down, getting up, numerous times, but not escaping.  I gave up after a half hour.  She was out when I went outside to put the goats in the barn for the night.

Bex and I cooked shredded chicken burritos tonight - it was good.  She made guacamole from scratch.  We watched a show and tried to ignore the news for a while, though Nixle reports kept coming in about road closures due to protests.  We hope things are less destructive tonight.

We are well and safe.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment