Sunday, May 31, 2020

Saturday - Day 75 - A Disjointed Day

I slept pretty well last night, but long rolling booms of thunder woke me just before 5:00 a.m. and I couldn't get back to sleep.

It's not often you see someone writing about you in the third person.  Tears came to my eyes this morning when I read an old friend has always admired my softness.  It's that softness that was so hurtful yesterday as I try to figure out what we can do as community to stop the hate and divisiveness.  But that's a good quality to hold onto, so I can use that with strength to get through and find a better way.  Love is always the answer.  It's just trying to figure out a way to help others find it in a hurting world.

I gave myself some heart healing by listening to John Denver in headphones for a while in the morning.  I let YouTube run through the songs as I did other things on the computer.  Just the first sounds of his guitar relaxed my entire spirit and transported me to a time in my life when things did not seem so dark or complicated, when people cared about each other and the planet.  At least those in my community.

I was able to do a little bit of creative planning related to music, which is always a good thing, and have a good e-mail conversation with a friend.

Mandi and kids needed to get out of SF tonight in case protests get bad.  She is staying nearby so she stopped by Amy's Wicked Slush for some treats and came by for a while, along with Jon.  We sat in a big circle in the back with masks when needed and had a great visit.  So needed.

Lily escaped several times while the kids were here.  She finally stayed in when I tried to stake out the pen and figure out how she was getting out.  She is too smart.

Bex made a good pasta dinner and we watched a show to try to get away from the news.

We are well and safe at home.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment