Friday, May 1, 2020

Finally Friday - Day 46

I slept okay.  Not my best night but it was not nearly the worst.

Note there are a couple of photos showing a tiny amount of blood in this blog.  Just a head's up.

Salsa was rambunctious this morning and I had to scold her a couple of times.  When I was taking Mooney's leash off at the gate, I felt pain on my right hand and realized that there must be a sharp spot on the lead line and it cut me.  I gingerly got the rest of the goats unhooked and into the pen and took a look at it.


Damn my hands are dry.

After I cleaned it up, I could see it wasn't too bad.


But of course it hurt like a sonofagun.  I have a cool Star Wars bandage on it.  R2D2 is taking care of me.

SIX FEET APART AND MASK

I went out today.  I needed chicken feed, goat feed, minerals for the goats.  I also received notice that more fabric was available at Joann's - one of those pieces that I was missing.

I picked up at Joann's.  Everyone is so good there - carside on the passenger side, gloved and masked, providing me with a bag that I can dispose of and fabric I can toss into the washing machine.

The feed store is mostly good but they messed up my carside pickup today.  I need to call and ask them to remind their runners to mask up when approaching customers.  I stayed inside with window up and my mask on, but he didn't put one on when he approached my car and asked me questions.

The grocery store was a nightmare.  I went in for two items that I didn't want to ask Bex to navigate and that I haven't been able to find online at Raley's.  By the time I got out I was crying and swear I will not go back until this is over.

Customers are in a fog and not paying attention to space between themselves and me.

After I grabbed my items, I went down one aisle clearly marked one way, headed in the correct direction, and confronted a shopper coming at me.  I pivoted and went two aisles down so I could get to the front of the store.

The woman in front of me in line was wearing her mask loosely and under her nose.  I switched lanes.

I didn't notice the cashier was wearing her mask the same way until she'd starting ringing groceries.  I stayed behind the plexiglass and had her handle the payment machine.  I just put my card in and out with an alcohol wipe in hand.

She wouldn't let me put my groceries in the bag I brought in and had carried tucked under my arm without touching anything in the store.  Even when I said I would put the groceries into my bag myself and not allow my bag to touch the counter.  She would not let me take the groceries out without a bag.  I told her that I don't want the bag and she said they are not charging for them and I can transfer to my own at my car.  I started to cry as I walked out of the store.  I transferred the groceries to my own bag and threw away their plastic in their garbage can.  As per usual, groceries went through decontamination when I got home.

In hindsight, some of my anxiety at the store could have been due to the fact that I was wearing a mask for longer than I have needed to so far.  I am not the type to snuggle with my face under a blanket.  I must have fresh air on my face.  I do remember feeling anxious about it at one point and telling myself to calm and that it was okay.

I am trying so hard.  So many people don't seem to care.  I'll be calling the grocery store about the mask issue as well to request a training refresher on mask use.

I got a text that a package had been delivered, so I headed down to the mailbox.  I saw a small bobcat on the driveway near the blackberry bushes below the house.  I thought I had recorded it with my camera but discovered in my hurry I had forgotten to press the record button.  It ran into the pasture near the ranch and dairy properties.

Oliver seemed okay with being required to stay inside today.



I got to the road and was surprised to see the carrier still putting mail in boxes.  After she left, I looked and there was no package to be found anywhere.  I checked the previous house to see if it was there, but they have locked boxes.  I drove back up the road and caught the post office van.  I spoke with the woman in the back of the van who said she was training the driver and it must have been left at the dairy.  She said she would retrieve it and redeliver.  I checked back about an hour later and it was there.

All I wanted to do was cry the rest of the day but I got busy with work instead.

Once that was done, I was able to focus on music for a few hours, and that helped me feel a lot better.

When it came time to put the goats in, I inspected the lead lines carefully.  I discovered one of them somehow was damaged.  I have no idea how this could have happened.


That little corner at the bottom right is sharp.  I'll see if I can hammer it down tomorrow.  Until it's fixed and safe, it doesn't get used.

I made soup in the crock pot but started it a little late.  It was good but needs more time in the pot, so I'll store it overnight and cook it some more tomorrow.

We are well.  I know tomorrow will be better.  I hope you are well and that your days are easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment