Thursday, May 14, 2020

Thursday - Day 59

My mind raced last night and I didn't sleep well.  My sleep app says I slept great, but also shows I was awake five times.  I slept to the alarm and through snooze.  My headache was not mild and my body hurt.

This is what bedclothes look like after a night like that.


It looked like I was grabbing everything into a pile to do laundry.

Speaking of which, the washer has broken and my efforts to fix it didn't work.  I've spent two days trying to get a repairman out. 

The hens didn't lay at all yesterday, so I was happy to see two brown eggs in the nesting box first thing this morning.  The Americaunas are still not laying.  I've started supplementing with meal worms and hope that the increased protein is all they need.  Still working on this puzzle.

The rash on my hand may be from poison oak somehow infiltrating the lead lines where the goats drag them on the ground.  Once I started treating it like that, it started to clear up.  Still itchy, but getting better.

No sourdough baking today.  The next recipe I want to try calls for twice the amount of starter that I have each morning, so I took a deep breath and just fed the whole thing without discarding.  It's going to be a lot of sourdough starter, so I put it in a bigger jar. 

But late this afternoon I texted Jessica, worried that the starter was going to ooze out of the jar and take over the country like the blob.


That's a half gallon jar.  Eight cups.  I was looking for 2 1/2.  We'll see how it pans out in the morning after it's deflated a little.  It has started to come down now and I am not worried that it will overflow overnight.  I'm looking forward to baking tomorrow.

Howl was just two of us again.  But what a beautiful evening sky.  I enjoy the walk out to the end of my driveway each evening.


A good evening chilling with Bex.  Hoping for better sleep tonight.  I was scatterbrained and back to no focus on anything for very long today.

We are well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment