Saturday, May 9, 2020

Saturday - Day 54

I'm not sure about this sleep thing or how to make it consistently better.  I got some good sleep last night but woke up early again, wide awake, though I wanted/needed to sleep more.  That mild headache was back.  After chores I did some computer work.

I had too many errands to run today.  First stop to meet up with Jon and deliver some things to him.  Then I waited in the Home Depot assigned parking spot for a long time for the order I'd made online for pick-up.  I could not believe how many people were there, willing to walk in and out of the store with so many others.  Home Depot staff was hustling and kind - they offered bottled water to people who had to stay in their cars so long in the sun.

Then to the feed store, where I saw at least 10 people in line outside the store - the first time I've seen anyone going into the store in months.  Many were not staying separated by more than 6 feet. 

The delay at Home Depot meant I missed the window of opportunity to go to the farmer's market at the LBC, but I might try Windsor tomorrow.  I spent a couple hours in my Santa Rosa office alone, sanitizing everything I touched before and after, to get some paperwork cleared from a desk I haven't seen in two months.  It was weird to change the wall calendar two pages at once.

Bex picked up groceries from Jessi for me, and Jess shared some of her sourdough starter with me!  I'll feed it and see how it goes and if I can create anything with this dough.  As I got ready to go to bed, Bex commented that it had already doubled in size since we brought it home!

I was pretty well wiped out in the afternoon.  Bex took care of lunch and I watched a television program for a while.

The clouds were pretty cool looking this brisk evening.


We traded howls with the neighbors and I think I heard another way off in the distance behind the house.  I did yell "thank you!" to our new howler neighbor.  Not sure they heard.

The Meyer lemon tree seems to be recovering.  I hope the fruit sticks this time.


There are lots and lots of blooms on the tree.  The bottle brush is dropping red petals and I don't hear the bees as much - I'm hopeful they'll continue to do their helpful work behind the house in the garden.

We are well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment