Thursday, May 28, 2020

Wednesday - Day 72 - Heat Wave

When you wake up two hours before your alarm and the house is still hot, despite open windows and fans pulling cooler air inside.

When you wait until 7:00 to let the cat out because it's light enough outside to be safer from the foxes and you expect that it will still be cool as you feed and let the animals out of their enclosures, but it is hot already.  It's 75 degrees at 7:00 a.m.  "They" said it would be cooler today.  They lied.  There is no movement of air, no breeze, nothing to help speed the overnight cooling.  I knew this afternoon would be tough because this morning it was already Too Hot indoors.

Even though I'd logged what I thought were sleep hours, my app showed that I had never really sunk into a deep sleep.  At about 1:30 p.m., I took a half hour nap just to keep going.  The heat became horrible by noon.  It was like trying to work in an oven.

It was a busy day with some time to hang out with Bex.  It was super hot like yesterday but cooled down quickly about 5pm so I am hopeful for tomorrow and an easier night.

As hot as it was today, we may be wanting heaters in a few days.  I'll be grateful for a break.

We are well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment