Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Tuesday - Day 64 - Some Disappointment, Funny Goat, and Booze

Yes, I'm still talking about sleep.  It took over a half hour to fall asleep last night, but then it was good, and I woke up easily with the alarm.

I had a lot more work today and a ton to catch up on.  I was able to play some music on a break.

Our August retreat was canceled today.  I was able to talk to a good friend about it tonight and plan for other options.  And to catch up.  It's funny how in high school we knew each other but didn't get close until well into our adulthood.  Now she's one of my favorite people.  I don't get to talk with her enough, but when we do talk, we try to make up for that by making sure it's a long, real, and very heartfelt conversation.  That was the perfecting ending to my day.

At about the time I finished that call, Bex called.  She was on her way home from errands and was being blocked by Lily, who had escaped from the pen and wasn't interested in letting Bex pass.


Bex tried to FaceTime me when Lily was at her window so I would see this when I answered.
🤣🤣🤣


She is such a character.

I finished making the limoncello this afternoon.  Dang, that stuff is smooooth this time.  Really good.  I'm not sure if it's the extra time infusing (a little over four weeks) or the vodka blend of half Round Rock and half Tito's.  It's the best I've made yet.  I need to start another batch tomorrow or I'll run out before the next one is ready.

I finished Idol and Voice with Bex tonight.  No spoilers in case you haven't seen them (like me - sometimes I don't watch the DVR for a few days) but I was happy with one and disappointed in another.  But the disappointment isn't huge because I know that artist has great things ahead and will not be locked into the television show contest contract.

We are well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment