Sunday, May 3, 2020

Sunday - Day 48

I slept pretty well last night.  I woke up early (while it was still dark) but didn't look at the clock and didn't feel like getting up, though I could have.  I made myself go back to sleep for awhile.

I spent the morning cleaning the kitchen and then looked up some recipes to try with massive amounts of watermelon that I'm not sure Bex will eat.  I'm not a fan of fresh watermelon, I think mainly because I've been disappointed at the flavor for so long that I just quit trying.  I have ideas for fire and ice salsa, sorbet, and .......... meloncello!!!  🤣🤣🤣

I went down to Joann's to get a bigger rotary cutter and blades.  Mine isn't cutting it.  Literally.  I made myself go there and back and did not stop at the farmer's market.  As I drove, I tried to figure out what I needed and couldn't come up with anything other than dropping off empty milk bottles.  I'm not even sure Strauss is at that particular farmer's market so I'll wait until I'm out on an LBC market day.

I recorded another vocal track for our project.  It is so hard not to flub at least once each time!

I worked on masks in the afternoon.

This was the third night in a row that I stepped out the back door and saw a bird fly out of the shed behind the house.  The light bulb finally went on.  Nest?  I went inside the shed and carefully peered around the edges, finally seeing the nest near the door, perched high on a ledge.  I carefully positioned my camera over the nest to see if there was anything in it yet.  Yes!


I am really hopeful that we can enjoy these little birds to their first flight.  I will always be aware of the possibility of heartbreak that we experienced a few years ago.  This nest is very well protected from cats and foxes.

I talked to the cows when I went out to howl this evening.  I have named this one Harriett because of the mark on her forehead.  (Think Harry Potter's sister.)


The cut on my hand is healing amazingly fast.  I got another on my right thumb for no apparent reason.  It is bizarre to me that the hands I use and rely on and need so much are suffering the most these past weeks. 

I go to bed at about 11pm.  I hope for another good night's sleep.

We are well and finding our way.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment