Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Tuesday - Day 71 - House Like an Oven

I slept surprisingly well last night given it was so fricking hot.

By 9am, it was already feeling oppressive outside and I shut everything down in the house to hold onto the little bit of cool I'd collected overnight.  I knew it wouldn't be enough.  There is not a lot that I miss about going into an office five days a week, but AC is one of the few things I do miss.

I worked.  I sweated.  I felt queasy.  I received a great gift of coffee delivered at the gate by Jon.  I picked up online ordered groceries from Jess and was grateful for the ability to use AC on the trip.

At 9pm it was still sweltering in the house.  Comfortable outside.  But no breeze to bring relief indoors.

I feel like crap and have a harder time than usual concentrating.  I feel stuffed full because of the water I am drinking.

I discovered a new pine cone growing on the blue spruce.  It is so pretty!


It is still super hot but I'm going to try to sleep. Looking forward to a cool morning.

We are sweaty and stinky and well.  I hope you're well too.  And cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment