Thursday, May 7, 2020

Thursday - Day 52

A somewhat fitful night of sleep but I still woke up a half hour before the alarm.  I stayed in bed until it went off, though.

This morning I got a text alert that a package had been delivered, so I drove down to the mailbox.  I was a little puzzled because mail doesn't usually arrive this early.  And there was nothing there.  Digging into the tracking info, I discovered that a magnet I'd ordered from an Etsy shop was in Windsor yesterday but was mysteriously delivered to an unknown address in San Francisco this morning!

The seller and I are working on the issue with the post office.  They did nothing wrong, but the sellers are insisting on sending another to me at no charge.  I teared up reading the message because while I know I would do the same (and have) without hesitation for one of my customers and I'm just not used to being taken care of that way.  If ever you need handmade laser cut and engraved gift items, I highly recommend Yellow Door Merchants on Etsy. 

More mask work this afternoon and a little reading.  I have been feeling tired and weepy.  I let myself and know that it'll pass.

It got to over 90 degrees today and the house was way too hot.  It's cooler now so everything is open so tomorrow will hopefully be easier. 

Every time I walk to the end of the driveway in the evening, this dang stump catches my attention from the corner of my eye.  Sometimes my brain says it's a bear. 


My hand still hurts but seems to be healing well.

Time to try to sleep in the heat and hope that the open window helps.  As much of a pain as it is to deal with in the middle of the night, I'm hoping to be awakened needing covers.

We are well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment