Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Tuesday. It's the 50th day.

I slept well again last night.  I have started setting an alarm and woke before it went off today. 

It was a typical day.  Work off and on.  Masks.  Music.  Television.

I had a good conversation with Mandi.  The kids were putting water into a doll bath while we were talking.  Then she asked, "Why is the water black?!"  The kids had gone outside to put dirt on the dolls so they could really wash them.  Playtime went outside, with much merriment.  I miss them and am so grateful to be able to talk with my kids and hear the grandkids playing.

Then this afternoon I got word of a vegetation fire caused by downed power lines on Mill Creek Road which is too close for comfort.  The map shows it is 3-4 miles north of us as the crow flies.  Or as the wildfire moves.  But winds are in our favor and fire crews were all over it.  By 4:30 p.m. I was better prepared than I had been an hour earlier and had my animal transport plan in place. 

The anxiety level skyrocketed and all I wanted to do was run.  But I knew I had no place to run to, which makes this even more difficult.

But the good thing is that about this time I got word of a mysterious delivery left at the gate, supposedly by Bigfoot, though I have photographic proof that it was not Bigfoot.  The roses and empty egg cartons made me smile and brought some much needed relief.

We had pizza for dinner.

It's a little after 9:30 p.m. and I am tired.  Earlier than usual.  It's been a day.  The fire is still showing on Pulse Point but everyone seems to think it will be taken care of tonight.  The winds are dying down and are good for us.  The fire is very small and slow-moving and fire crews and PG&E are on it.  I am going to try to sleep.

I have 10 more masks ready to ship.  Still going.



We are healthy and safe.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment