Thursday, April 30, 2020

Thursday - Day 45

My sleep wasn't as good last night.  I'm still trying to figure out why and what to do to feel better.

But looking at photos today I did see that I forgot to upload the picture I took just before sunset last night.  The clouds to the east were amazing.



I have somehow re-injured or aggravated my left ring finger top joint.  This is the one that got tweaked when Salsa lunged for Lily while I was holding her leash.  And it is also the finger I had x-rayed just before shutdown that cost too much and showed no fracture or dislocation.  It hurts like hell.  I didn't get a splint at the time because I didn't want to venture into that environment to find one that works, and it was starting to feel better.  Maybe I need to look online for something that will help it heal.  The bump on my right hand is acting up again too.  And there is no safe way to insert myself into the COVID situation at the doctor's office to have these looked at.  It's also not something that can be examined by video conference.

 I worked a lot today.  At one point I took a break to mop the floors and tweaked my back.

The combo of the above means that at about 6pm I started to feel really low and by 7 the tears were threatening.

No eggs at all today and Lily escaped but I saw her just as I was getting ready to put all the goats in for the night.  I ignored her until all the others were in the barn, and she tried to stay away from me.  Grain usually gets her in the end, though, and this time was no exception.

I settled in to read a little and my reminder went off for 8pm howl. I sighed and stood up.  Then reminded myself of how much I do enjoy this and how it will be good to get out into nature without animals to wrangle or feed to pull or weeds to whack - without a real "job" to do.  Just enjoy the walk in the evening air.

So I took my time and paid attention on the walk.  When I reached the end of my driveway, I walked down the main drive a little bit, then turned around and looked at the peachy sunset sky.



We heard two other people howling again tonight.  It is amazing how good that feels.  It seems silly but when I hear other people, I feel less disconnected.  It helps.

I tucked the chickens in when I got back to the house and noticed the elderberry bush is going gangbusters.  The flowers literally perfume the air.



They are so delicate up close.  My phone camera doesn't hold onto the buttery yellow color up close, but you can see how pretty they are here.



I'll probably gather some for elderflower tea but leave most so we get the berries.

So after that short little adventure, I felt refreshed and not so sad.

Bex made pizza tonight - so so good!  She is becoming quite a good cook.  She has been making breakfast for us most mornings since the shutdown, and many dinners.

I worked again on our musical project and we are making progress.

To bed before midnight.  We are well and hope you are too.



No comments:

Post a Comment