Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Tuesday - Day What?

It's been four weeks since Sonoma County shut down.  Effective Friday the 17th, everyone is mandated to wear a mask in public indoor places and in public locations where 6 feet (should be 13 feet now) distance cannot be maintained.

I am out of fabric after I finish these masks.  I have ordered another six yards from Joann's but it is taking them a long time to get it ready for pick-up.  I am actually surprised I was successful in placing an order that wasn't cancelled within an hour.  I will call them tomorrow to see where I am in the queue.  Typically they say it takes 6 hours for it to be ready for pick-up.  I ordered Sunday.  Even allowing for closure on Sunday, I thought I would have it today.

I should have received the first unemployment payment by April 7 but I have received nothing.  The web site kept giving error messages when I tried to send a message yesterday but I was successful this morning.  They have another 5-7 days to get back to me. 

I stayed away from news today.  I was having a low day and didn't want to exacerbate it.

Masks are slow going today as thread keeps breaking but I'm getting there. 

I secured all of the fence posts nice and straight and tall this morning.  When I went to get the goats for the night, Lily was out and eating again.  I didn't fret about it, figuring she'd show up as I put the other goats away.  But then she disappeared.  And it was starting to get dark.  I got everyone else put in the barn and headed out with a scoop full of grain to look for her.  She was down the driveway near the cows again.  The steep driveway.  Tammy called while I was on my search and I was huffing and puffing up that hill.  Lily went into the blackberry bushes but when I got close with the grain, she came to me.  I'm glad she's working on the bushes but would prefer she came when I called!

I am very frustrated with the networking issues surrounding my attempts to play music live and long distance with my band.  I'll sleep on it and maybe a solution will be clearer in the morning.

My knee is still sore from last night's goat incident but I think it will be fine.  The lump on my hand that appeared at the beginning of  shelter in place is back.  I've taken photos and will send to my doctor to figure out long distance what is going on.

Dinner was quinoa with tomatoes, onion, and avocado, a little lemon juice, salt, pepper, and cumin.  It's a lovely, light meal for a warm day, and filling end to a stressful day. 

I am well and grateful for loving friends and family.  I hope you are well and have the same support throughout this trying time.

No comments:

Post a Comment