Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Wednesday Day Whatever

I've been sleeping until the sun hits the wall of mirrored closet doors in my bedroom, shining into my eyes with no escape. 

Staying at home during all of this has created a fear in me that I did not expect.  I have placed orders at the grocery store and feed store that I need to pick up today.  As I was getting ready to leave, I recognized that I was afraid to leave.  I had my hand sanitizer, wear a mask, will not be in contact with anyone (they place the orders in my car), but I was afraid.  My brain is saying it is not safe out there, as if the virus cooties are hanging in the air once I leave our property.

But on a more humorous note, as I was getting ready to go, I decided mascara only was fine for make-up because no one is seeing anything but my eyes over a mask.  So is that mask-ara?  And do we only wear mask-ara in this Mask Era? 

Gotta find the light somewhere.

It was a three-hour task from leaving the house to putting the last of the groceries away.  I had ordered items from the feed store and called when I arrived to let them know I was there.  Everything was loaded into the back of my SUV by one of my favorite "runners."  We chatted as he loaded and for a minute after.  It is strange not to see people's faces. 

On my drive to the feed store, I noticed that the farmer's market was open, so I stopped there on my way back home.  Vendors typically fill most of the lot and is usually bustling with lots of people pretty much elbow-to-elbow.  It was strange to see maybe six vendors there with three customers, including me.  That made it easy to keep my distance, and I headed straight for the man I call "the bacon guy."  He is one of my favorite people at the market and has the BEST chorizo.  I added some bacon and Hawaiian sausages to my order this time.  I picked up some milk in a glass jar and some fresh produce.  I wanted to get more honey and tea but still have plenty.

Raley's pick-up was awesome.  Easy access and they put the groceries into my car.  I was surprised the clerk wasn't wearing mask or gloves but we kept our distance.

Unloading groceries is a huge task now.  Every surface is wiped down and I designate clean and dirty areas.  Each item is disinfected as it comes out of the bag and goes onto a clean spot on the counter for moving to the fridge or pantry.  Thankfully Becca was able to help me with the reconfiguration of our spaces and adding the new items.  The only thing we are missing is tortillas but I should be able to get those from a combined order with Jess on Saturday.  Or we learn to make tortillas.  After everything is cleaned and put away, bags are put outside in recycling, I wipe everything down again. 

I got settled in and started on masks late afternoon.  I have cut five, sewn two of the mask parts.  I'll sew all five mask faces then do the binding and ties last.  I lost light so will pick it up again tomorrow. It feels good to finally start.

Made shredded chicken tacos with Bex. They turned out really good.

I'm pooped at 11:00 p.m. so will take advantage of that and get some sleep.

We are well and safe. I hope you are too.


No comments:

Post a Comment