Monday, April 27, 2020

Monday - Day 42

I did not sleep well at all last night.  I hate tossing and turning, but being too tired to get up and try to wait it out while actually doing something productive.

Bella typically gets a nail trim every 6 weeks.  I've put her off as long as I can and the vet agreed to trim her nails today because they are becoming a health issue.  I pulled into a parking spot at the door with Bella in the car and called on the phone to let them know I was there.  The tech came to collect Bella, then brought her back outside, we traded my debit card back and forth in a sanitary manner, and I was on my way.  I forgot I had a full nail trim card that would have given us a free one this visit, but I can use that next time.

I stopped by Jessi's to pick up groceries we had ordered online and had delivered to her place.  She was in a Zoom meeting and couldn't grab my frozen/refrigerated items, but she planned to bring those by when she went for a drive to get out of the house later.  That didn't happen but is okay 'cause I need to get more alfalfa tomorrow.

Every time I need to get more alfalfa I think about the week this shutdown started.  I got two bales then, thinking that would last me until the shelter at home was over.  I've been to the feed store three times for hay.  Maybe four with the solo bale I picked up.  I barely paid attention today when many Bay Area counties extended their shutdown through the end of May.  I have been kind of expecting that and am sure Sonoma will do the same.  I am in a fog of feeling like I can plan nothing.  I can't see past tomorrow.

I had a package not delivered with my mail on Friday (vitamins) and was really bummed that I had to go to the post office to pick up.  After I turned in the slip of paper under a plexiglass shield at the post office counter (cheerfully decorated with inspirational phrases), the clerk came back to tell me my regular carrier was back and had it on her truck to bring to me today, but since I was there she was getting it off the truck for me to take home.  No line at the post office these days.  I was in and out in five minutes.

This afternoon, the postal carrier brought my mail, which included stamps I'd ordered.  If you get the chance, check out the stamp selection at the post office web site.  I love these.


Spreading a little love with my mail in the future.

Lily got out again today.  Bex put her back in and by the time I got outside with a camera to see if I could record how she is escaping, Lily was out again.  She was Houdini, and my camera wasn't working properly.  I'll work on that tonight and see if I can capture her escape tomorrow afternoon.  This camera has instructions that were obviously poorly translated.  For instance, "warm tips" are probably intended to be "hot tips," as in easy shortcut instructions.  They're not.  Here's instructions on how to turn the power on.
Connect the camera to power supply or long press confirmation button K1 (Power button) for 3 seconds, Red & Blue indicator keeps on and then continuous scintillation, camera starts to initialize.
Scintillation.

I vegged with TV and then a little music.  I'm not tired but should try to get some sleep.

We are staying well.  I hope you are too.

1 comment: