Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Wednesday - Day 16 - Hump Day #3

I got a head start at the remote office and then had a call with my boss.  We went over a lot of things that need to be done and also recognized that there is not enough to keep her staff on payroll.  M and I will continue to help out, but we are officially unemployed until this mess is over.

I don't know how to feel about that yet.  The whole world feels shaky.

On a lighter note.  My friend Tammy has been having a hard time finding eggs so I have been helping out with excess from my flock.  Eggs are being used more by people these days and they're snatching up the only kind Tam can have - organic and soy free.  I got 'em and am happy to share. 

I left a grocery bag at the gate with a dozen for her to pick up.  She and her daughter needed to get out of the house for a drive, and my road is a nice, relaxing one.  She left an empty carton for me in the bag.  But I forgot to let Bex know.  So when she went out to Door Dash, she called to ask if Tammy had picked up her eggs.  I explained what had happened and she said she was relieved to hear that.  She saw the bag and checked it, then wondered if someone had stolen the eggs and for some crazy reason left the carton behind. 😂😂😂

I found more leftovers for dinner, so no cooking.

The howl was fun tonight, echoing through the hills and trading back and forth with my neighbor and her dogs.

Garth and Trisha did a good job with their live in-studio show.  This new reality is so strange, though.  Everything is pared down, from concerts which used to be huge and impersonal with lots of flash, to from the heart quiet moments and even a few tears.

I think my body's telling me 2:00 a.m. bedtimes are no good anymore.  I got really sleepy by 10:00 p.m. and pushed it as long as I could but I'm off to bed by 10:30.

We are still well and finding our way in this crazy new landscape.  I veer from terror to hope and everywhere in between.  I hope you are well and finding your way.

1 comment: