Thursday, April 16, 2020

My Phone Says It's Thursday

I woke up with a headache this morning.  Brewed coffee to see if it would help and watched Oliver sitting by the slider wanting to go out.  I delayed his exit today for full daylight and planned to bring him in for the afternoon based on critter sightings.  As it turns out, I kept him in all day.  He seemed fine with it and probably enjoys the extra attention of quarantine.

I was working on masks for my grandkids last night and as I was sewing one, the thought "itsy bitsy" came to mind.  That thought was followed immediately by "teeny-weenie-yellow-polkadot-bikini."  And I started remembering my mom's box of 45's and how I loved listening to them.  Here are a few that ran through my head last night.

Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polkadot Bikini

It's a little uncomfortable to listen to this song in 2020.  The YouTube video I found of the performance introduced by Dick Clark was extremely uncomfortable!  So much so that I'm not sharing it here.

Next in my memory playlist was my favorite song of all.  The Purple People Eater still cracks me up.  "Tequila."

Then there's Alley Oop.  Why don't we have silly songs anymore?  For that matter, epic 5-minutes-in-length songs too.

Lots more work today.  It's like trying to work through quicksand - so slow and frustrating.

I was able to start cutting fabric again.

Two more neighbors were howling off in the distance tonight!  That was exciting to hear.

I got to talk to Mandi tonight.  She shared a funny story about Sis hiding a green bean and getting busted totally by accident.

I think I'll make it to bed before 11:30 p.m.  There were moments today when it felt like I was in a new normal, it was relaxed and had no overlay of anxiety.  I'm hopeful for more moments like that.

We are well and safe.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment