Monday, April 13, 2020

A Different Easter Sunday

This is the first Easter in my entire life I have not seen my parents.  I'm tried this morning to let that sink in and just feel the sadness without my tears turning into fury.  Fury at what?  Nothing to be mad about.  I miss seeing them and my kids and grandkids when I know they're all close by but unreachable.

I started to listen to The Promise, an album recorded by the Wind Children just after I left the group.  I heard my brother Tim's voice and the tears just started flowing.  I always cry a little when I hear him but today I miss him even more because I miss absolutely everyone.

Click here to go to the web site where you can hear The Promise.

Bex cooked breakfast and we caught up on the last episode of Idol before the newest episode is aired tonight.  (Which basically was a bust because it is filler for the next couple weeks while they figure out how to handle this show while no one can gather together in a studio or theater.)

Because it was so nice outside, I opened the window in the master bath for some fresh air.  This is Oliver's preferred method of entering and exiting the house for some reason, so when the option is there he always takes it.  But I have a new curtain over it and I watched Ollie walk to the window and look at that curtain.  He stuck his head underneath it, then backed out.  That is when I started to record what he might do next.



He sat there staring outside for a really long time before exiting completely, and I quit recording him just sitting there looking around.

The day stayed sunny, then suddenly at around 5:00 p.m., the sky darkened just as Bex was getting ready to go for a run.  While I was getting video from Jessica of the downpour at her house, it started to rain, and then pour, here.  It was a real gusher with thunder but for only about 5 minutes, then the skies cleared completely again.  There were reports of hail in Santa Rosa and Windsor, and I believe it.  That wind was COLD.

The straps on the masks take the longest amount of time.  I was able to complete the last of a group of 10 to ship out tomorrow and am getting a system together that works well.  I begin another batch tomorrow.

When I went out to put the goats into the barn, Lily was missing.  I looked for her in the usual spots and she was nowhere to be found.  Just as Bex came out in response to my text, I spotted her - on the other side of the driveway, eating grass next to the cows. 



When she spotted Bex heading toward her, Lily dodged into the bushes and tried to get away from us.  But with teamwork - and not much of a heroic effort on Lily's part - we were able to get her and walk to the barn.

Dinner was spicy peanut chicken with rice.  It was good to cook with Bex and dinner was delicious with a little left over for tomorrow.

Masks are packed and labeled and ready to go tomorrow.  Becca asked me about doing something together next week and I said maybe if something wasn't going on.  She was surprised, what could we possibly have going on?  I explained that I don't even know what is going to happen tomorrow.  I can't plan for anything anymore.

We are well.  I hope you are too.




No comments:

Post a Comment