Thursday, April 2, 2020

Third Thursday - Day 17 - What to Do When Technology Sucks

I got seven hours of sleep last night.  I wasn't ready to get up this morning but it was easier when the sun hit the mirror and then my eyes.

Even though it's sunny outside, Oliver didn't want to go out.  He sat next to the open slider not moving and letting the cold air in for about 5 minutes before finally venturing through.  He's been in and out all day.

Even though I'm not working, I agreed to help out, and of course there was an emergency this morning.  I spent most of the morning with that and then tried to figure out how to rehearse miles apart with band members.  It's not an easy task.

On a more positive note, while chatting with others in a Facebook group about howling, I may have made a new friend. I love what she said:

I think when a group vocalizes together it triggers something beautiful and primal within us. Something hard wired in every one of us, and it definitely helps us feel our neighbors and peers and feel like we aren’t alone even now when we have to isolate for the community.
Much love my neighbor.
It included an invitation to meet up with her at her family winery and share quarantine stories when this mess is over.  Something to look forward to.

The afternoon was computer MESS stuff.  I do not know why everything had to be so technologically difficult.  I threw in the towel and made simple syrup to finish off the limoncello that has been brewing in the cupboard.  

Bex wonders sometimes why I keep a lot of sugar on hand.  We're talking two or three four-pound bags as a staple.  It used to be because of cajeta, which I'm not making anymore.  Now it's limoncello.  This is how much this batch (of approximately three liters) took.


700 grams

By the time I mixed the infused vodka into the simple syrup, it was time for dinner.  So part went into the fridge, part into the cupboard, and part into a glass with ice.  Typically I just like it chilled but I didn't want to wait so I added an ice cube to get it to  cool faster.



Howl was just me and Bex tonight.  But I still love the echoes and the anticipation and looking forward to hearing someone else join in someday.  There's time.  We'll be in this for at least another month, right?

We are well and figuring things out and trying not to get mad over small stuff today.  I hope you are well and finding ways to release your stress in a healthy way.  Howl at 8:00! It does help.

No comments:

Post a Comment