Monday, April 6, 2020

Third Monday - Day 21 - Ups and Downs

Today was a blur.

I put in some work this morning. We are trying to figure out if it's better for the boss to retain me and pay me or let me go.  It is really complicated.  The stress level increases.

But then Amanda called me, and I had a good conversation with her.  Laughs and love and information and support.  I miss my kids, miss my family, am grateful for telephone and video and text messages and Facebook sharing.

I took a break from work to cook.  But then there was another cook in the kitchen so I let her at it because she was going to make me food too.

Then I started working on this mask challenge.  And realized that I was 15 minutes late for a video conference in which we were going to test out different apps in the hopes Second Wind can rehearse at distance. 

We tried two different applications, my laptop microphone and camera quit working, and we discovered that nothing is working right.  How can Little Big Town and Darius Rucker and all do this on television and make it look easy?  We have spent weeks on this problem to no avail.

So stress level up again a little.

The mask kit from Joann's Fabrics is useless except from a practice perspective.  I made one and it is small enough for my 4-year-old granddaughter.  There was only elastic in the kit for one mask.  When I get the rest of my fabric, hopefully tomorrow, I'll be able to work on a better pattern.

I took a break and watched a show to clear my head.

Then Bex went off to work and asked me if any dentists are open for emergency work.  I think we will have a handle on this in the next day but - stress level up again.

Back to trying to figure out the office issues and whether I get paid or not and another emergency has cropped up.  Stress level up again.

But Lily broke out again and provided a distraction and a little entertainment.  When I went after her, she walked into the bushes.  I turned around to get grain, and she came out of the bushes and started following me.  By the time I had the grain bin opened, she had jumped onto the milk stand and was waiting for me to fill the bin.  I let her have a snack, took her back to the pen, and made the lowest post a little taller in the hopes that it will keep her in better.

Around the time I was going outside to tuck the animals in, Lily was roaming around again.  I need to figure out a way to get a camera set up to see where she is getting out and how.

I was able to take some video clips and put them together with some music.  It was a fun, creative project.

The video is too large to upload here, but you can catch it on my new YouTube channel.  Maybe she and the other critters will provide enough entertaining content to keep it going.


The salsa I made yesterday was calling me, so I roamed the kitchen to find something that would give me an excuse to eat it.  There are potatoes, so that was dinner - baked potato with salsa on top.  Filling and comforting and really good.

I have avoided most of the news today but my heart is heavy and I am tired tonight.  I know I'll bounce back.  This is a struggle some days. 

But we are well and warm and dry and out of the cold rain with food in our bellies and animals to make us laugh.  I hope for all good things for you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment