Friday, April 3, 2020

Friday Day 18

Friday doesn't mean Friday anymore these days.  It is pretty much like other days.  There's a little less pressure but then that space is used by other obligations.

Working from home during this pandemic means:
Everything takes longer on the computer.
Technology isn't really as advanced as we think it is.  Many things we think technology can solve aren't ready for prime time.
The house requires more work because it isn't sitting static while you're working - ya kind of mess it up as you go and need to pick that up.  
There are more dishes in the dishwasher.
Bright and early, another legal "emergency."  I put it in quotes 'cause as urgent as it is, I don't think it's an emergency.

I spent two hours on the computer trying to get a grocery order in that could be delivered sooner than two weeks from now.  I felt more stress over that than anything so far and had to take a break.  I discovered that Raley's could do pick-up on the 8th instead of waiting for delivery on the 16th, so Bex will take care of that next week when she's working.

Good news - and good people section.  I keep a private mailbox for mail where we don't want the sender to know our residence address.  The rent is due this month on the 1st (I prepay three months to get a fourth free), so I called to make the payment over the phone because I'm not leaving the house.  The owner said, "Don't worry about it, I know you're good for it.  Just take care of it when you come in."  I asked if he was sure and said I could pay it now, and he again reassured me.  "Just come on by when this is all over."

Good deeds bring grateful tears.

Bex went on a hunt for TP this afternoon.  I posed the query to friends on Facebook and they responded in such loving and helpful ways.  She found DUDE Wipes first, and then 7-Eleven had some single ply to get us through for a while longer.  The DUDE Wipes are hysterical.  If you haven't heard of them, look them up.  This is typically a testosterone free household.  That these are in this house is hysterical.

Just before chores I received a call from Tam, and I had such a great time talking with her.  I had to stop so I didn't howl in her ear, otherwise we could have talked all night - as we usually like to do.  I miss seeing her, and that call was perfection.

A quiet evening after that.  I'm tired.  I am well.  I hope you well too.

No comments:

Post a Comment