Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Wednesday - The Days Fly By

Even while time seems to stand still, it flies.  I don't feel like I have accomplished much and here it is Wednesday already. 

I forgot to mention last night that there were four other people howling with us last night!  It was really cool to hear them from different directions in the valley. 

I worked on accounting this morning and then attended a Zoom meeting this afternoon.  It was somehow comforting to be focused on work issues and see familiar names and faces, but it was really unsettling to realize that this is going to go on for a long time.  We have no idea when the courthouse will open or when work life or any life will return to any semblance of normal. 

I worked on masks again.  I'm knocking on wood when I say that I think I've solved the thread breakage issue.

I am working on songwriting with brilliant people.  Even if nothing good comes from it, this is a good creative use of time.

My mic stand arrived today.  I can continue to work on my music area of the house and hope to resolve the network issues this week.  It's Wednesday.  I may need to send a reminder e-mail about that.

I chatted with my neighbor for a bit next to the bottle brush bush.  Hummingbirds and bees hovered around us, more interested in nectar than bothered by us.  I finally thought to pick up my phone and record one of the birds that was nearby.


I left it without soundtrack because the buzzing and chirping and humming is lovely.

On my way out to howl, I caught sight of these blooms.


It's been an up and down day.  But it's okay.  That's just the way some days will be.

While Bex and I were watching TV, I got a call from Jess to go outside and look to the west.  We went out into the dark by the cars and the motion sensor light came on - otherwise it is really dark tonight.  This super bright light was in the sky and we couldn't figure out for the longest time what it was.  Becca's astronomy app didn't label it at all but we surmise that it is Venus, which is supposed to be very bright through the end of this month.


Becca got this incredible shot with her phone.

We were feeling spooked and I hung up the phone with Jess at the very instant the light suddenly went out and a huge gust of wind blew through the trees near us, making it sound as if a large animal was coming at us.  Becca grabbed me and we held onto each other as we hustled back into the house.  Scared us silly.

I'm tired at 10:00, so off to bed before midnight.  We are well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment