Saturday, April 25, 2020

Saturday - Day 40

I didn't sleep well again last night.  To start, it was hot.  I slept on top of the covers.  But my mind keeps racing and worrying and thinking and it's hard to relax into rest. 

The morning started warm again.  There was not much time to keep doors and windows open to cool it down before the heat started ramping up.

I did not know what the heck this was when I spotted it during morning chores.  I was afraid to look closer in case it was a snake or other reptile hiding under the leaves.  Instead, it was a most interesting looking mushroom.



My birthday gift for Sis was finally delivered today.  Her birthday was last month.  Amanda was great about calling me so I could watch her open her present - a cute little musical jewelry box with a spinning unicorn.  It's beautifully decorated too.  It was great to see her face as she watched the unicorn move.  I had a chance to catch up with Amanda too, and Bex was able to join in on the call.  I miss them so much and am looking forward to being able to see family again.

I felt like I had a really good day with Bex.  There was some connection time and she's growing into a lovely young woman. 

I exchanged some cookies and mail for a microphone extension and CD from Jon this afternoon.  Then had a fun collaboration session with Jon and Erik.  This was interrupted by Lily escaping.  (Thank you Bex for getting her back into the pen.)  Just when we finished talking, I heard something walking on the deck, and captured this.


Busted!

I'm pretty pooped tonight after a hot day and hope that I will get more restful sleep.

We are well and today was a good day.  I hope you stay well and have good days too.

No comments:

Post a Comment