Sunday, April 12, 2020

Fourth Saturday - Day 26

It was cold and gloomy this morning.  There's sunny weather predicted but it hasn't been showing up until midafternoon.  Today was no exception.

It's funny how the day isn't really different from the weekdays and yet there is a sense of ease getting up on an quiet Saturday still.  In part this is because I'm not obligated to be on call for legal work and emergencies.  Jess sent me a video this morning of the birds in full noisy song at her place, including an owl.  That was a nice way to start the day.  Even though the birds are out here and snagging dropped chicken feed, they're quiet today.

Lily hasn't jumped out of the pen since I started giving the goats an afternoon snack.  I'm not annoyed at her when she does it.  I know that she wants more food, and probably needs it.  I'm just a little concerned about her safety if she wanders too far.  She hasn't done that yet and sticks near the house and the baby greens near the pen.  The fact that she is old is showing more and more so I cut her a lot of slack.

I reached out to a friend today to see how he's doing via text.  After a little back and forth, I thought it'd be easier if we just talked and was happy to have the chance to do that.  I think we were on the phone for a little more than an hour and could have kept talking.  I love when conversations range from pandemic to family and friends and kids and music and technical ideas and world events and fact-finding and more.  I learned some things that I didn't know (or remember?) from someone I've known since 1976.  It was a fun conversation and I am really looking forward to this isolation being over so we can get together and talk in person.  Maybe eventually get over our mutual nervousness about playing music with people we haven't played with in decades and be brave and try.  Sometimes it just takes jumping in and being vulnerable and remember we're with people we trust who won't judge us and will be supportive as we learn together.

I picked up some groceries from Jessica this afternoon.  The streets are more deserted now than they have been.  That's a good thing.  I miss seeing my family. 

I haven't had much screen time today.  I powered through masks and am getting in my groove.  Five are completed and five more started.  If I don't run out of thread, my goal is at least 10 in the mail tomorrow.  I'm running low on thread and it's hard to find online.  The earliest I could get anything shipped is the 17th but I ordered it anyway and hope it will get here faster - sometimes they do.

Here's a photo of the first five.  I am ridiculously proud of these.



The fabric is a little more feminine than I would like but it is what I could get in the craziness of these times and with online orders that have been cancelled within hours of receiving confirmation.  I am sure they are overwhelmed but the constant cancellations and difficulty navigating the web site have me ready to give up on them.

I'm heading to bed at about 12:30 a.m. 

We are well and finding our way.  I hope you are well too.


No comments:

Post a Comment