Friday, April 10, 2020

Thursday?

The alarm clock went off and I shut it down.  I wanted to sleep until the sun hits my eyes.  But I knew I had to get up.

Then I got a text from the tech that he was on his way.  Ugh.

Then I got a message from a friend with soul-healing and supportive information.  I don't get to see her as often as I used to and I miss her.  But she's always there for me and steps in before I fall over.  I'm looking forward to this isolation being over so we can start meeting up again.  It's been too long.

The upgrade was smooth.  Now to fine-tune and test everything out.  Hold time was long to cancel the old service and the connection was extremely poor.  I couldn't understand why until there was a time when I could not hear the representative at all.  When we reconnected, she explained that she is working from home and the connection is much worse than at the office.  But I made it through.  I'll get a box to return the old equipment.  This call took 44 minutes!!

Then taxes, which is a pain.  And remote work, also a pain.

And when I started to work on masks, I got notice FedEx delivered a package.  So I went to the car to drive down and pick it up and saw Lily was out.  As I head toward her, the FedEx truck drives up the road.  To my neighbor's house.  I needed Becca's help to get Lily back in, threw some more hay in to appease the unruly goat, then expected FedEx to stop at my place, but he drove on by.  I called my neighbor to see if he left it, and she was just going to call me to tell me he had.  So up there to pick up the box.  But that means a half hour chatting, which I enjoy.  Then to mailbox for mail.  And then I'm tired again and getting messages from the office I need to deal with.

Where does the time go?

I listened to the first of BrenĂ© Brown's podcast as I started putting the finishing touches on the first mask.  I am basically creating binding tape for the ties and one of my biggest challenges in sewing is this.  There's a tool out there for this but of course I don't have it and of course the Santa Rosa Joann Fabric's doesn't have it available for pick-up (in store only - the store is closed).  I placed an online order for it to be delivered, but within an hour I received an e-mail that my order was canceled.  I can call the store tomorrow to see if they can help.  In the meantime, I am almost ready to put the finishing touches on this first mask and BrenĂ© is talking about FFTs - F**king First Times - and how hard they are.  But also how once you get through them, you can feel much better.  On the fifth basic mask (before ties), I felt so confident that I didn't look at the pattern at all.  And I did it right.  I know this part will get easier too.

I eventually finished the first mask and am really proud of the work.  I am looking forward to completing more now that the learning curve will be shorter.  The first five will be shipped off when completed and I'll keep working on more.


We are well.  I am tired, but well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment