Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Wednesday - Day 86

Last night was better, even though it started so hot I slept on top of the covers.  At some point I grabbed the extra blanket I keep at the foot of the bed and used just that to finish the night.

It was basically a work day and a disappointing and frustrating one at that.  But I did get a chance to speak with my coworker on the phone for a bit this morning and that was a good thing.  As much as I am enjoying getting into the groove of working remotely, I do miss seeing her.

The day warmed up quickly and by 1:00 p.m. was uncomfortable in the house.   By the time I did chores at 8:00 p.m., I was sweating while wrangling goats who would not cooperate. 

I had planned to make enchiladas tonight but was dreading turning the oven on when Bex offered to pick up pizza.  So it was a pizza night instead.  I'm hopeful to a break in the heat so we can cook again.  I did make the enchilada sauce from scratch, though, so that is a good thing.  It's in the fridge.

The world is still crazy and most people are still trying to create something better.  I hope to see more setting aside of ego and needing to be "right" and seeking to find a way to help each other better.

We are well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment