Friday, June 12, 2020

Thursday - Day 87

I slept on top of the covers for the first half again last night but did sleep well.  Woke before the alarm again though.

I yelled in tears at Salsa this morning after she went after Lily and hurt my finger again.  The same one that she tore and bent a couple months ago that has still not fully healed.  She burned the lead line through my hand and bent that finger.  I cannot understand after 11 years why they cannot pay attention to the person with the lead instead of another goat who is 10 feet away and not bothering them.  I put Lily in first but Salsa wants in first.  But if I put Salsa in first, she blocks me from putting Lily in.  So f**k.  There is no winning strategy with those two unless there are two of us moving them between pen and barn and keeping them completely separated.

I have been having a ton of trouble reading my monitor, which is at least 10 years old at this point.  It makes the remote work I need to do very difficult, and this morning I hit a wall in a required task.  So I did some research and found one on sale that will work better.  I ordered for curbside pickup, and Bex and I headed out to pick it up together, get headlights for both of our cars (they've both gone out at the same time), and she ran in to grab a couple items from the grocery store.  Sanitizing all the way.

The monitor feels huge but it is much easier to see and that helps.

Q went to the City for a safely socially distant "bomb hills" skateboarding protest from Twin Hills to the Embarcadero. 


Planned Route


Photo from Mercury News

We had it all planned out that when Q returned I'd go to the front of the house so he could take off his outer clothing in the laundry room, drop his clothes in the washer, and then head straight to the shower.  He showed me some pictures after he was done and nursing sore muscles.  It was a pretty amazing event, and he felt good about participating in something that was safe and made just for him - skateboarding.

Bex and I made the enchiladas tonight.  They were good, though I think I needed more sauce.  The first time making a recipe is always a challenge.  Top that off with the sauce being made from a written recipe and the enchiladas from ... a TikTok video. 🤣🤣🤣 It has the potential once I get the balance down.  The chicken filling was delicious!

I'm pooped and it was too hot today.  I'm looking forward to a cool night's sleep.

We are well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment