Thursday, June 25, 2020

Wednesday - 100th day in a Different World

I slept okay but didn't feel so well when I got up when the alarm went off.

And then the morning started off really hard.  My cousin, who is around the age of my oldest daughters, was killed in a car accident.  Too young, too soon, too tragic in the fucking month of June.  Summers are supposed to be about celebrating and yet our family spends too much of it in grief.  I had a hard time concentrating and finally emailed my boss and assistant that I was taking the rest of the day off and why.

And yet there's new life today too.


I did a quick check of the nest this morning and two of the baby birds had hatched. 

In good news today as well, the hammock stand I had ordered a while back arrived today.  Bex and I set it up in the afternoon and look forward to some relaxing and meditation and much needed stress relief.  I was amazed at how relaxed I felt the instant I settled into it.


I worked in the garden again this evening.  The garden is coming together.



I was a little late in getting these into the ground but they'll grow fast now.

The big goats were buttheads.  I was so tired after working in the garden and they wouldn't cooperate.  So I sat in the car for a while after taking the little ones to the barn.  They were calling out and pretty upset at being left behind.  I went back to get them, and they ran away again.  So I texted and then finally called for Bex.  Of course, Salsa let me catch her as soon as Bex showed up.  Then putting Lily in the barn door, she took a sharp right instead of going inside and escaped again.

I'd love to go back into the hammock to relax for a while but...  Mosquitos.

Bex says she has a net that will go over it.

Bex made lasagna from scratch for dinner with salad and it was delicious.  That's when my gardening and hammock stand building today hit.  After a shower I felt like I had worked out and everything hurt. 

We are well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment