Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Tuesday - Day 85

I woke up before the alarm today.  I tried to go back to sleep but couldn't.

After a couple hours of work, I called in an order to the feed store and headed out to pick it up.  This was the first time the clerk seemed less than happy to help on the phone.  I'm sure phoning in for pick-up is not as appreciated as it was when the doors were closed, but I will be doing it for as long as possible.

I had hoped to hit the farmer's market on the way home but I think I missed it by a day.

Bex was able to make a run to pick up a game system that Angelo has saved for but has been unable to find in stock.  Mandi learned that a local store would have 10 in stock and would be making them available at 10:00 a.m.  While Bex was paying for the system, the clerk answered a call and told the person on the other end of the line that he was selling the second to last one they had available.  AJ has worked really hard to earn this money and Mandi said he was near tears with excitement when he heard Bex had been successful.  They were able to come by to pick it up this afternoon, and we sat appropriately distanced and masked outside while Bex showed him how to use it and his mom set it up.  Sissy played Barbies and went to look at the chickens and gather an egg with Bex.  It is still really hard not to hug them.

We smelled smoke in the evening.  It is probably from the fire in Mendocino or the controlled burn at Highway 12 but it is still stress inducing.

Not much else the rest of the day.  I didn't bake as I'd planned - too much in the morning and too hot in the afternoon.  Maybe tomorrow.

We are well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment