Saturday, June 13, 2020

Friday - Day 88

Sleep keeps getting better.

This morning I decided to put Salsa into the pen before Lily.  She kept turning around as we walked, trying to get to Lily who I had on a long lead behind us.  Salsa went in, and headed to the nearest bit of hay.  It looked like it would be easy.  But as soon as I unclipped Lily's halter, she surprised me by pulling her head out and swiftly walking away!  I looked at her in exasperation as she started nibbling on oak leaves nearby.  I shut the pen, and walked past her to the feed bin, not even looking at her.  As soon as I had it open, there she was, jumping onto the milk stand in anticipation of a reward.  I walked over, took her by the collar, put down the scoop of goat pellets, and walked her back to the pen.  Crazy f**king goats.

As I was working early this morning, I was surprised to hear what sounded like rain.  When I checked, indeed it was raining.  So I made quick trip outside to cover the hay.  It didn't last long and by noon the sun was starting to shine through the clouds.

The day turned out to be mild and pleasant.  A relief from the heat!  I worked comfortably in the afternoon and when I clocked out, started making salsa.  As I began, a friend called and we had a great conversation about choices and peace and goals and metaphors and it made for a really nice interlude at the end of the work day. 

I decided to have leftover enchiladas for dinner and make 'em better with a bit of salsa.  I know the next time I make enchiladas they'll be better.  These didn't suck but were part of a learning process.  The leftovers were good with some extra sauce and salsa.

I got the chance to have a good chat with Tam.  Then spent some time tonight with Bex, watching a TV show and painting our nails.

I'm looking forward to the weekend, though still have plenty of work to do.

We are well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment