Saturday, June 6, 2020

Saturday - Day 82

No alarm today, and 8 hours of nice sleep.  Whew.

I was able to finish the meloncello processing this morning.  Now to wait a couple months for it to rest.  It tasted good - really strong though.  That should mellow with time.

It was a slower work day but still working.  I am trying to take breaks to rest as well.  I have spent so much time at the computer this week.

Jess and I talked this afternoon about fire planning.  I put the boxes of memorabilia in the car so that is definitely safe if we have to move faster than we want to.  I'm going to pack some more equipment so it's ready just in case.

And then, Jess texted me this evening about another fire near us.  I'm grateful that she spots these early.  Last night's was on Westside.  Tonight was West Dry Creek, north of us.  I listened to the scanner and they had reports of two fires.  They checked out the second while wondering if it was an address mix-up, but there was another small fire 100x100 that they could knock down quickly.  This has me worried.  It's about the same time as last night and if there's a arsonist around setting these spot fires we have to find them and stop them now.  I'm beginning to think it might be a good idea for all of our neighbors to just head down to the road and sit in our driveways between 8:30 and 9:00 and keep an eye out, or maybe just take a drive up and down the road once.

We are well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment