Sunday, June 21, 2020

Sunday - Day 97

I slept in and slept pretty well.

It was pretty clear as soon as I woke up that it was going to be a hot day.  I shut everything down early, but it still might have been too late.

There was no activity recorded on the camera we set up in the back last night.  We'll keep trying.

The same day I discovered the greenhouse had been entered, I noticed that a single rosebud I'd been following its progress was gone.  When I looked under where it had been on the bush, I saw it had fallen as if something had cut it off.  I put it into a vase and hoped it would bloom, and it has.  These are my favorite roses, called Mr. Lincoln, and they smell rich and deep the way roses are supposed to smell.  I pick it up to enjoy the fragrance every time I am near it in the kitchen.



I started more dough for pretzels and then headed down to Jess's to pick up groceries that had been delivered.  I did the weekly fridge reorganization, but not much from the grocery run went in there - it's mostly produce.  We have so much sour cream I think I need to make ranch dressing just to make sure it's used.

I have some transcription to try to keep up with.

Bex went to see my parents for Father's Day.  She reported they had chairs set up inside and outside so they could visit through the window.  She enjoyed seeing them.  She had to pee as soon as she arrived but was going to wait until after their visit to find a restroom.  Nothing was open that was easily accessible, and the line outside the grocery stores was long.  She headed home as quickly as she could, knowing she could stop on the side of the road if need be.  I had the door open for her to rush in as soon as I heard her drive up.

I started a St. John's Wort tincture today.  I trimmed flowers and leaves from the plant, after carefully examining it to make sure it met every criteria, and it did, in every detail.  These plants are growing next to Loretta.  I think there are more near the goat pen that I'll check this evening to see if they are blooming.  This tincture won't be ready to strain until the first of August, right around the time I get to try the watermeloncello and see how that turned out.

I baked the pretzels when it started to cool down.  These are even better than yesterday.  I made them into sticks again because the dough was sticky but it has an even better sourdough flavor and light and chewy texture.  I brushed a couple of them with garlic butter but found I didn't like it as much as the plain pretzels.

Bex and I watched Gordon Ramsey in Tasmania tonight.  Then to bed to get ready for a busy week.

We are well.  I hope you are too.



No comments:

Post a Comment