Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Tuesday - Day 78 - Another Heat Wave

I slept hard last night, and slept through the alarm this morning.

The air was way too hot when I made it outside to take care of morning chores, so I switched my routine and got the goats out of the barn that was hot already at 9am first.

The morning was okay working in the house but no matter what I did, I couldn't keep the house cool.  We were all sweating in front of fans and drinking buckets of water by afternoon.  The house was still hot at 9:30 p.m. when I started writing this wrap-up of the day.

It's almost as if Mother Nature, when she heard us being grateful for the weather the past two days, said, "Hold my beer." 

I looked at better cooling systems this afternoon, but they are still too expensive for me to feel comfortable buying even one.  We'll get there and will do with what we have.  I'm hopeful that these hot streaks only last a couple days before we get a break.

I heard Lily walking on the driveway while I was working on the computer and then watched her walk up onto the deck.  I met her at the slider and asked if she was there for her evening snack.  I turned around to go to the back door to get some hay, heard a sound behind me, and turned to see Lily following me through the house.  I shooed her out and closed the door.  She stood there mournfully staring inside until she saw me come around the outside with hay, and then she followed me when I got a scoop of goat pellets.  (I used to call it grain even after I started them on pellets, because that's what I fed them for so long.  I'm trying to change my language so it's more accurate.)

Hoping for a good cooldown tonight but not looking forward to the predict 100 degrees the next two days.

We are well and safe.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment