Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Wednesday - COVID361

I got up on time this morning.  I had to be sure to get in as much time at work as possible before my dentist appointment.

I was hoping to see snow after the hailstorm we had, but didn't go far enough south to find any.  I did see pictures of Larkfield covered in snow.

I was looking forward to the next step in the process toward getting my crown, and this was for my temporary crown.  It started off challenging and didn't get any better.  Just as the dentist started to work, the right side of my jaw locked up.  This happens sometimes but I know how to move my jaw around to get it taken care of.  But I felt pressure with the dentist and his assistant watching and waiting on me, and I just couldn't do it.  Plus my mouth was numb.  I decided to just open my mouth as far as I could and see if they could get the work done.  It hurt the whole time as I was opening it against the stoppage.  Just when I thought we were almost done, the assistant, who was assigned to place the temporary, got it in wrong and it needed to be adjusted.  But it was stuck.  She kept pulling and prying and trying to get it off and nothing was working.  The Novocaine was wearing off and I was starting to feel things.  I started to shiver and then tears started to flow even though I wasn't in pain, but I was tired and frustrated and my jaw was aching and I couldn't open my mouth bigger to help.  She finally went to find the dentist and came back alone because he was with another patient.  He gave her a tip to try, and she did, but it didn't work.  He showed up and got it taken care of.  I know things happen but this was exhausting and I was shaking.  All I wanted was a warm blanket.  Of course, after all was said and done and I got into my car, I was able to loosen my jaw.  Ugh.

I got some things done at the end of the work day and then took a break for a while before starting more transcription.

Bex made cookies after dinner.  :)

And I'm glad it's Wednesday and am looking forward to the weekend already.

We are safe and well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment