Saturday, March 20, 2021

Saturday - COVID371

I ended up going to bed at 3am.  I just couldn't get sleepy.  Wakeup time was at 9:30 am after Oliver quit circling my head and decided to lay his 16 pounds of cat body on my side and the sun was reflecting off the mirror into my eyes.

The coyote left its mark again last night, outside of camera range.  And the foxes showed up a couple more times.  One time I was still awake and a little annoyed at one fox hanging out, so I turned the alarm on.  It didn't immediately startle it, but the fox did trot off shortly after the sound started.  That and the ability to talk through the camera is a nice feature of the Ring.

I did some organizing and clearing and started some weed whacking.  I need to get back into my battery routine so I can run it longer - I ran out of juice and didn't have the other batteries charged up yet.  I was pretty tired at the end of the day.

I also opened up the drone that I gave myself for Christmas a couple years ago, charged it up, and tried it out.  It is super light and I think most of my trouble maneuvering it was due to the light breeze this afternoon.  I'll keep trying it on calm days.  It has a built-in camera and I am looking forward to taking some aerial shots around the property.  But I have to be sure I can control it first. 

While we've got these winds (it's pretty strong out there tonight), it might be a better time to fly kites.

I'll go to bed a little earlier tonight than last night.  Tomorrow is shaping up to be pretty busy in a good way.

We are safe and well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment