Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Monday Monday - COVID352

I went to bed waaaay late/early last night.  When the alarm went off, I got up and fed the cat and dog.  Then was so groggy I decided to sleep a little more. I set the timer for an hour and then shut it off, turned over, and slept more.  Then my phone rang at about 10am.  And it was my boss.  That got me up!!

She had been wondering why I wasn't responding to emails.  Then she texted me and got no response, so she started to worry.  I explained and she was cool and I got busy with a deadline.  It was a pretty busy day again and I was in a fog but got stuff done.

I received a text in the afternoon that a package was delivered, so I hopped in the car to go pick it up. I heard a vehicle heading down the driveway and then saw an SUV going after it, so I headed down behind them.  When I got to the gate, I saw the SUV turning onto the road, and when I got to my mailbox there was no package.  Not in my box, not in the parcel box, not by the gate, not behind the tree where one mailman likes to hide things for me.  I texted my neighbor to see if she might have been the vehicle going out first and maybe picked it up, but she hadn't.  It was vineyard workers leaving.  She talked to the foreman and he was going to look into it.  She is pretty heated about it and will "find out the truth!" when they come back tomorrow.  It wasn't anything special, but I do need it.  It's Rid-X for the septic system and I really don't want to have to buy it again. 

I finally called Keurig about the coffee maker I bought back in August.  It arrived while I was evacuated and it took me a while to go ahead and set it up.  After two weeks of use, it quit working properly.  I called Amazooooo to discuss the problem and the rep walked me through a little troubleshooting (had already done but humored him) then gave me the info to call Keurig.  I put it on my to-do list and it took me a few months to get to it.  It took about a half hour on hold before someone picked up but Sandra was fun to talk to.  She got all the info and then we went through a long series of troubleshooting.  You know how your kid gets sick and you take them to the doctor but they feel fine by the time they get there?  And the broke thing works when someone in authority is witnessing it?  That didn't happen.  The machine would not cooperate, and the conclusion there was a malfunction inside of it.  So I'll get a label to return it and they'll send me a new one.  I don't miss it much because I became accustomed to using the French press, but it will be nice to have a working Keurig again.

I worked late and crocheted a bit. I didn't fall asleep on the couch but was wide awake late.

We are safe and well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment