Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Tuesday - COVID360

I was able to get up with the alarm and got a good start on the day.

It was super cold, with a brief freezing rain mid-morning.

Work is still keeping me very busy!

Q had stomach pain this morning that was basically debilitating.  His previous care was in SF and we were trying to figure out who he should call and where he should go.  I called Health and Human Services to find out and started off the call as the 36th person in line.  After nearly an hour on hold, I decided to use the landline to call the library and also order feed.  The hold music at the library was identical to what had been in my ear for an hour!  Hearing it in both ears at different points in the recording was bizarre.

I kept the line open and was going to stay on hold until I got a person, no matter where I was.  I had just opened the car door to head out to the feed store when an actual person came on the line.  When I explained why I was calling, she asked if Q was available.  Because I had no authority to talk to them.  Whew!  I hadn't left yet!  I had to wake him but he was able to talk to them.  One hour and 35 minutes total on the phone and the answer took less than a minute.  County and State services shouldn't be run like this.  Thankfully, he's feeling better now, and he knows what to do if something comes up in the future.

It was a quiet evening and late night, though not as late as many recently.  We've got freezing rain again tonight and I'm looking forward to cozy sleeping quarters.

We are safe and well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment