Friday, March 5, 2021

Thursday - COVID355

Up just a little bit later today but not too bad.

Work is so busy that it makes my head fuzzy.  I find myself just wanting to get up and do housework and organizing.  Looking forward to the weekend.

Bella is accustomed to being tethered near me during the day and night before she goes to the master bath at bedtime.  She was interested in something in the kitchen this morning that later turned out to be a mouse, so I took the leash off so she could alert me.  I discovered it (surprise!) in the trash can later.  I guess peanut shells are the draw when there's nothing else available in the kitchen.  I took the trash out and dropped some peppermint oil in the new bag and in the cupboard.  The good news about Bella being untethered is that I discovered she has learned to behave herself quite well.  She has a bad habit of "hoovering," eating absolutely anything she can find on the floor and getting into things, so I have kept her in one spot.  She spent the day today untethered because she is lying nicely in her bed or sitting next to me.  She follows me when I get up, and if that means going to the bathroom, she gets a treat for good behavior.  We discovered that will not go through an outside door without a leash (she refused to go with Becca, even when called to be free in the wild outdoors).  She continues to become more confident and is quite good at letting me know when she wants to be with me by barking.

It's been a long day.  We are safe and well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment