Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Wednesday - COVID354

I dragged myself out of bed to make sure I made my early call this morning.  Got the chores done beforehand and a cup of coffee halfway in me before I called.  It was a positive way to start what ended up being a super busy day.  Our assistant has been out all week not feeling well.  The burden is real when we get busy.

I handled a ton of stuff and then took a break to head into town to meet up to deliver the transcript I completed this weekend.  I haven't seen my friend in many years and it was nice to take some time to catch up while sitting on a park bench downtown.  The money didn't suck either, and I'm hoping to get more of this kind of work.  It's really going to take me making the time to finish the training on the software and get it transferred to the new computer to be most effective.  I feel overwhelmed thinking about this sometimes because of all the other things I'm trying to get done at the house and on the property while working my butt off on the computer long hours.

My boss was in the area and we arranged for her to come by for a bit so she could see my place.  Because of COVID and her age, I couldn't invite her indoors, so we walked the property.  She discovered edible plants growing wild near the barn, and identified many flowers and plants as we walked around.  She gave good advice on how to help my Meyer lemon tree and rosebush.  She's a pro at plants and used to be a florist.  She enjoyed seeing and petting the goats and walked with us to the barn, and peeked at the chickens who had tucked themselves in early.  It was a nice visit.

I snoozed on the couch again this evening before rousing myself to finish this and head to bed.  It's been a long week.  At one point I thought tomorrow was Friday and sent a message to my boss about a deadline we need to meet "tomorrow."

We are safe and well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment