Saturday, March 20, 2021

Friday Friday - COVID370

Hey, I slept awesome last night and got up on time.  I did hit my injured toe on a middle of the night walkthrough, but was able to recover and go back to sleep.  It's funny how when everything in life gets so condensed, things like this are the first thing I think of to write about.  Sleep and lack thereof is important.

The coyote left a big pile o' mark on the other side of Loretta, outside of the Ring camera view.  As I was picking it up, I saw what I thought was some rain-pelted scat off to the side, though it was in a grassy area.  As I started to scrape it into the pooper scooper, I stopped.  It was not scat.  It was a dead small mole. 😔 I don't know how small they are when born, but this was not very old.

It was another busy work day.  I started early and ended about 4pm so I could drive to town with Bex.  We ran some errands and enjoyed the time together.  She made dinner (BLTs and salad) while I got the critters tucked in.

We were watching TV when around midnight the Ring notification went off and I saw a fox hanging out.  It walked under the camera and I wondered if it was going onto the deck, but I was too comfy and Bex had Bella in her lap, so we didn't move to look.

Bex went to bed and at about 12:30 the notification went off again.  This time when I looked at the camera, there were two foxes looking toward it, one very small - maybe a youngster?  It bit at a piece of grass.  I decided to get up to let Bex know in case we could see them through the window, and as soon as I closed the footrest on the couch, they took off, scattering gravel.


It's off to bed tonight, looking forward to the weekend.  We are safe and well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment