Thursday, October 8, 2020

Wednesday - COVID205 and FIRE49

The crick in my neck is going away but it's still pretty stiff.  No nightmares last night, just tossy-turny and I woke up a little late.  Not too bad for work, though I am still behind.

No new flare-ups and no sirens today.  

But what I DID see this morning got my heart racing a little.  Walking to get the goats out of the barn, I noticed new tracks in soft dirt between the chicken coop and barn.  Remember Bex and I heard something outside last night that we couldn't see?


I sent the photos to our local expert on mountain lions to get his opinion but yes, I do believe that's what those tracks are from and what likely was making the subtle noises we heard last night.  Of course there was no trail cam pointed in that direction last night.  So tonight, I unpacked all of them from the car and the place is bristling with cameras.  Of course, there will probably be nothing on any of them again.  But maybe there will.

And as much as I love using them, I keep thinking through how I will add those to the things I need to collect and repack if we need to go again.  

We heard a single coyote howling tonight with no response.  It made Bex cry.  We wondered if it was the one that showed up here this week and if he's lost contact with his pack because of the fire.  It could be he's tonight's soloist and they were listening but still.  I hope he finds his pack if that's what he is looking for.

We are safe and well.  I hope you are too.

1 comment:

  1. I hope it's one of the tagged lions, so they can tell you where it is now. Poor coyote!

    ReplyDelete