Saturday, October 24, 2020

Friday - COVID223 and FIRE64

I slept much later today but it worked out.  And I worked most of the day.

I've been waking up the sourdough starter from its hibernation in the fridge since the weather turned warmer.  It's starting to wake up a little but it's taking longer than I'd thought.  Bex and I are looking forward to pretzels again.  Someday.

Leftover soup is still going strong for lunch and sometimes dinner and is even better warmed up.  I think I have one more bowl left so I'll need to make another big dish this weekend.  I am thinking curry sounds good again.  If I had a few more tomatoes I could make soup but that takes a substantial amount.  I have some but not enough for that.  So I think salsa is on the menu too.

We are still binge watching a show that is too good to stop but we do stop when one of us starts dozing.

I'm looking forward to the weekend.  Though I got notice that the power may be shut off Sunday due to high winds and dry weather.  This notice came on the anniversary of the Kincade fire so the timing sucked.  Evacuation is one thing.  Doing it with no power is another.

We are safe and well with no fires nearby as I finally go to bed.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment