Saturday, October 3, 2020

Friday - COVID200 and FIRE44

We made it through 200 days of shelter at home.  I went to the feed store that first night before so I had enough food for all of us for two weeks.  Who knew?

It was a work day.  That is all that happened during the day.  I had a hard time focusing 'cause I'm still not sleeping well or for very long.

The smoke was thick again today and the air still until late afternoon when a light breeze started from the area of Walbridge.  Nice/not nice.

Then Walbridge flared up this evening.  Fire officials are watching the flares in the burn zone, not anticipating trouble.  I'm hoping for no wind.

I told Tammy this feels like torture.  It's like living next to a bomb.  It may or may not go off.  And you really can't leave because unless the countdown starts, there's nowhere to house the goats and chickens.  And the countdown might start or it might not.  And you have no idea how long the countdown will be.  Will it be run-for-your-life short or will you have plenty of time?  Have I said how much I hate this?

I've prepared before going to bed and gathered the very few items that I bring in from the car.  Two bags and animals and we are ready.

I'm hoping for a productive and yet relaxing weekend.

We are safe and well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment