Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Monday - COVID210 and FIRE54

 It was a Monday work day.  I slept okay and wished I could sleep longer.  It seems I can't get tired until really late these days.  I do need to remember that I have tea that helps - and should start sipping that with dinner.  Though I do enjoy my late nights with Bex.

The lion expert called me today in response to my email last night about the juvenile lion we saw.  We had a great conversation and he had some good tips and information for my neighbor's goat enclosure, which I shared with her this afternoon.  What I'm doing with my animals is good - he had no additional suggestions. 

We are sticking close to the house and getting the animals inside before dark.  I saw the video making its rounds today about the man who came across a lioness and her cubs while hiking alone and his harrowing backtrack away from her.  I wasn't going to share it with Bex because I knew it would scare her, but she showed me a short clip that came across her phone while she was sitting in the hammock outside.  She promptly came inside.  

We took her car in and emptied the rest of my savings until Bex can pay me back.  Ugh.  Cars.  It was expensive but necessary and worth the investment because it's still a good car.  I think part of the problem is the damn dust.  How do we knock that out of and off of our cars routinely so it doesn't build up?

It was a good day overall and I'm trying to find my way back to feeling more positive and calmer.  The upcoming fire weather won't help that much but I'm trying.  It's like living on the edge of your seat.  You just can't mentally kick back and put your feet up.  Maybe that's part of the sleep problem.  I feel like I want/need to stay awake and alert all of the time.

But we are safe and well and loved and supported by good people.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment