Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Tuesday - COVID176 and FIRE21 and EVAC1.2

I slept fitfully last night and feel like crap this morning. My throat and lungs felt raw and I know it's probably because I was packing up last night without thinking to put on a mask because we had to get out so quickly.

After letting my office know what happened, I went to the fairgrounds with Tam to check on the animals.  All seemed okay and the goats were next to my neighbor's animals.  The only other animals at the fairgrounds are a set of goats, including stinky bucks, in a distant barn, and a substantial herd of goats near where my chickens are housed.

My goats weren't eating the grass hay and the fairgrounds had no alfalfa, so I went to the feed store for bowls, feed, and some treats.  I was going to get chicken feed but thought they had some so decided against the extra expense.  (I just bought all of this feed at home last week!)  As it turned out last night, they had a bag of scratch, which isn't really feed.  So I need to get more on Wednesday.

The goats nibbled at the feed but seemed to still be off their food.  I didn't add anything but a little hay for them when we went back in the evening.

There wasn't much time to relax today, between trips to the store and fairgrounds.  I'm hoping to sleep well.

I've seen reports that all orders and warnings in our area are lifted but the information is confusing, so I am waiting until the morning to look deeper into what's going on and make decisions.  

We are still safe and well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment