Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Tuesday - COVID169 and EVAC14

Two weeks ago today, my village helped pack up our most essential and hard to replace belongings and the animals and head out amidst a shower of ash and burnt leaves.  I have been so blessed to be able to stay with Tammy and Emily.  Being together this long means it's harder to be apart, but it's renewed in us a determination to not let contact slide and to schedule regular time together.

After working in the morning, Tam and I loaded up my car and then I headed home.  There's a leak in the water line to my house, so it's likely water will be turned off today until it's repaired.  Our repair guy is busy harvesting grapes so we're not sure when that will happen.

The house is a little smokey inside and musty.  There's a ton to do and I am exhausted.  I partially unpacked and went through the mail.  I let the gal taking care of my animals know that it's safe to bring them back tomorrow.  I cleaned out water containers and got them refilled.  Everything was filled with gunky ash.

I took some time to relax in the afternoon, then washed some things up in the kitchen and contemplated the refrigerator, which I will deal with tomorrow.  Bex came up to spend the evening with me and then returned to running water at her sister's until things are settled here.

I am overwhelmed by the supportive messages and kind offers I have received today.  I am truly blessed with an amazing circle of friends.  

Arrangements have been finalized for the animals to return in the morning.  We hope to get some good homecoming photos.  I am excited to see them again and for things to return to more normal.  The reports from where they have been staying is that Yellow the rooster is sweet the the goats are great.  I'm really happy they are behaving themselves. 

It's been a long day.  I am grateful to be loved, safe, and well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment