Friday, September 11, 2020

Thursday/Friday - COVID178/179 and FIRE23/24 and EVAC1.4/1.5

Slept past my alarm this morning and was a little late getting to the fairgrounds.  Our section of animals had been skipped somehow for morning feed/water, and luckily I know what my neighbor's animals need, so I took care of them as well as my own.  No one was there but the security guards at the gate.  After taking care of the chickens, I called the organization to let them know.  She was working remotely but said she would let them know.

I found what I think is a good estimate for installing a hitch on my new Equinox.  Hoping to get that done as another step toward more independence in evacuating quickly with my animals.

I will then start looking for a trailer and am also looking for a safer place to live.  As much as I want to go home, I have become afraid to do so.  

The above was written Thursday and the day took off from there.  Tammy and I were up late talking and TV and crocheting and I dropped right off to sleep without remembering to finish up the blog.  I'm not even clear on everything that I did that day.

Friday, today, I got up a little after the alarm, checked work mail, then got ready to head to the fairgrounds.  I took care of the animals and then headed back to Tammy's to pack the car.  We ran some errands along the way to the house, picking up prescriptions and online orders curbside and other things that took us around the county on a nice drive.  Tammy and Emily helped me unload some essentials.  There are some nonessentials in those bags that I will sort through and repack.  Tammy watered the garden and we inspected the mild damage done by animals that felt okay about messing with my stuff while I was away.

I squared away plans for bringing the animals home tomorrow, and enjoyed a dinner with Tamily from Amy's before heading back to the fairgrounds for evening feeding and then home.  

It's been one hell of a week and most is a blur.  I'm hoping to really settle in and relax, though I know I'll be on edge until the rains come to really extinguish that fire.  I'm hoping for early rains this year - there has to be a positive side to crazy climate change, right?

We are safe and well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment