Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Monday - COVID182 and FIRE27

I slept hard last night and past my alarm.  I kept waking up from a recurring nightmare about fire coming.  When I took the dog out this morning, the smell in the air had changed from active fire smoke to wet burned out campfire.

I worked this morning and then spoke with my therapist, who provided some tools guidelines help me through.  Bex made brunch.  We relaxed for a little before I finished work.

The evening was spent mostly working on a crochet project and making a curry dish for dinner.  It turned out great and used curry paste made from scratch by Jess.  I'll be getting the ingredients to make more next week.

The fires stayed quiet, though it was quite unnerving when a helicopter from the forest service passed overhead with a bucket.  I watched it on radar over the next hour or so just hanging out over the fire zone as a plane passed over in a grid, apparently mapping the fire.  I never know whether to be worried or relieved when I see those.  I suppose it is a bit of both.  

It's after 1am and I'm not a bit tired but I'm going to try to get some sleep.  

We are safe and well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment