Saturday, September 12, 2020

Saturday - COVID180 and FIRE25

I slept well when I got to bed last night - REALLY LATE.  I woke up past when the alarm would normally go off.  My bedroom smells a little smoky but the HEPA filter running next to my desk did a good job overnight.  

I was running late to the fairgrounds.  I arrived and texted Tammy to let her know I'd wait at the goats until Jess arrived and then go to chickens.  They were both there and at the chickens.  But by the time I got ready to go over there, the volunteer arrived to haul the animals.

We got the horses in first.  Tiny Summer, the mini horse, leaped in like a pro after Lily loaded up all dignified.  We thought we'd have to help her in.  My goats went in next, then Bette's goats.  I stayed inside with them until they were all loaded, and then took all the leads off and slipped out.  No escapes!

Tammy and I headed to the chickens while the rest of the crew busted their butts to clean stalls in record time.  The chickens loaded into the crates fairly easily.  I am always amazed at how mild-mannered Yellow the rooster is.  We swept out the coops and loaded the birds into my car.  Then headed back to the goats.

I followed the trailer to Bette's place, and could not for the life of me remember where I'd put the lead lines until the second trip back to the car.  All the animals were put in their proper places, and then we all hung out and talked until the tow truck arrived.  Our CART volunteer got a flat on her trailer!  We tried valiantly to change it ourselves but could not get the lug nuts loose.

While we were waiting, Jess and Lorna ran to town to pick up sandwiches.  By the time they got back, the trailer was fixed in record time (the guy arrived in half the time estimated) and Tamily had left, so four of us enjoyed sandwiches and fruit in the back yard.  

Then I got myself and the house a little bit ready for the housecleaner who was due to arrive in a half hour.  She is amazing.  I kept wanting to stop after each job she did, but she wanted to help.  My kitchen and both bathrooms are sparkling, and she washed a window and cleaned the huge mirrors in my bedroom, and mopped the laundry room on her way out just because it seemed she couldn't help herself.  While she did her thing, I tidied up a little in the living room and then started sorting through the mess on my desk.

I enjoyed howling with my neighbor again.  Bex and I had dinner and watched a show and I got tired early.  It's been a long day.

We are loved and safe and well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment