Monday, September 14, 2020

Sunday - COVID181 and FIRE26

I went to bed early last night and slept 9 hours, but fitfully in the middle of the night.  I was up at 7 without the alarm.

I was well on my way to a normal morning, expecting to Tetris the cars in the afternoon, when I got word that there was a flare-up behind our property.  We stepped into high gear, with my hands shaking again as the adrenaline rush started, and got everything ready.  Jess came up to take some items that we don't need but want to keep safe.  We are now as ready as we can be and hoping this stops soon.

It took a while to get things sorted in the cars and I was tense and tired after.  I did some things around the house, worked for a bit, then crocheted a bit.  Bex and I decided to get dinner to go and drove to town to pick it up together.  Since we came back right after the sun went down, we were able to scan the horizon on the way home and could see no orange glow.  We felt better.  The flare-up was addressed and a reported fire in Dry Creek as well.

We're tired and worried but trying to get to an alert relaxed state.

We are safe and well.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment